Curacao will be hosting the CARIFTA Games for Athletics for the first time in April 2017! Carifta is the equivalent of the Olympics for the Caribbean. Great names like Usain Bolt, Kirani James and our very own Churandy Martina made their first international appearance at the Carifta Games.
Our hope is to inspire a movement of camaraderie, healthy competition and wellness in our local community through sportsmanship!
Why we are hosting the CARIFTA Games:
- To showcase Curacao by hosting more than 500 athletes from the Caribbean
- To provide an international opportunity for our athletes
- To support the healthy development for our youth
- To promote Curacao as a tourist and event destination
This amazing and big regional event will need a lot of helping hands – in all areas. Preparations are in full swing, and as days go by we will be needing more support of every kind. You can help us during all the phases leading up to and during the event. Knowledge of and/or experience in track and field is not necessary.
What you can do:
- Support us with administrative tasks
- Support us by becoming a host
- Run errands
- Help us on the track
- Keep the games environment clean
and much more………………………..
Are you interested? Please send us your contact information via our website www.carifta2017.com and we will contact you for further details.
Thank you! With your support, you will be contributing to the positive development of Curacao as part of the Caribbean family!
Our vision can only become a reality with your help.
Find out how you can support our mission.